Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Beer hair

I'm alive. In case you thought otherwise ;)

Haven't worn anything picture worthy and have no money to buy new things at the moment.

I have however been working on this conditioning of the hair thing.

The first night I used the olive oil masque I saw immediate results. But every other time I've had less than fantastic. Tonight I thought I'd give flat beer a try. I don't know what order you're supposed to do it in. Beer, shampoo, condition? Shampoo, beer, condition? Shampoo, condition, beer??

I did beer first. If it doesn't work, I have plenty of flat beer lying around (I don't pick up my room nearly as often as I should) so I can try it again tomorrow night. I'm also wondering how flat is too flat? I'm not beer expert when it comes to drinking it nor pouring it on my head! Tonight I poured nearly an entire 16oz of Steel Reserve. I also have budweiser and miller high life to try. I wonder if a certain brand adds more conditioning shine than another?

I've got the olive conditioner crap on right now. Is it so much to ask? I just want GOOD HEALTHY non dry hair. That's all. I blame the media..those stupid hair commercials. Is that sleek long hair even attainable!


edit:


Okay, so the beer WORKED! I think. Maybe it was a combination of the conditioning masque and beer but my hair is shiny and soft (er). So I'm going to keep doing it! And I got compliments at work. So..give the ol' flat beer a try!

6 comments:

emily said...

ahh, i'm really curious to find out how it goes with the beer! i've never heard that before!

Imelda said...

I hope you find a good way to make your hair look how you want it to.
I've never heard of the beer thing before, so I really want to know how that worked out.

Beth said...

I've never heard of the beer thing either... but your hair looks great! How many times do you have to do the beer thing? Does it only last until you wash out? I want super shiny hair... stupid commercials.. I agree.

nv said...

wow trhat looks really good, I'd try it except I don't know what I'd tell my parents asking them to buy me some beer to use on my hair. They'd be like "oh sure...its for your "hair""

Imelda said...

Well it looks really good, so indeed hurray for the beer!

emily said...

oooh, it looks REALLY good!