Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Interview Attire

I really feel like I'm dumbing myself down by applying to these retail positions. I have a degree and I want to use it!

I spent the last 8 hours (okay, that's an exaggeration) reworking my resume and filling out an application for a Social Service Caseworker.

Tomorrow I go on yet another mindless interview in which I'm sure to be turned down. I know I haven't been prepared going into these things - I didn't know you had to wear hose or I didn't research the company (mostly because my mother sent out a bunch of resumes to people and I just answered the phone. How was I supposed to know what the company even was?) and my resume was probably subpar. But now that isn't going to happen because I'm not returning any calls I don't recognize, I've fixed my resume, and I'm clued in on appropriate interview wear.

All that is well and good, but tomorrow I'm interviewing at a teeny bopper clothing store - not as an administrative assistant or receptionist of some kind. Think Forever 21 but one of the competitors. I am desperate for work as I can barely pay my bills. In fact, well, I can't. Not on what Banana Republic pays me.

Anyway, the point is that I don't need my resume, my degree, or even my interview attire. I just need to have managerial skills (I do!) and look good. Or look skank? I don't know. But this is what I plan on wearing:

No comments: