Thursday, May 1, 2008

I raced over to the consignment shop this evening to get one of those furs.
I get there and ask the sales woman if she knows where they are..they aren't where they used to be. "I don't know what you're talking about."

USELESS!
So, I didn't find one :( Dagnabbit! However, I did walk away with $20 from consigning. YAY.

Yesterday NV posted she'd purchased a feather headband from UO. I've had my eye on that headband but haven't been willing to shell out $20 for it. I'm CHEAP like that.

So..I decided to make my own. I had a plastic headband lying around, some fabric, and a feather from a pair of my grandmothers earrings. I don't think it looks all that amazing...but there it is.


I don't know if I'll wear it out in public but it was fun to make.


I trimmed the feather..but it may need more pruning. It's so ..fluffy.

2 comments:

nv said...

Oh that's so cute! Maybe you should buy some of those feathers that look like bird feathers...except I have no idea where to get them. I want to make my own since the one I got from UO doesn't have enough feathers *sigh.

Unknown said...

I think it looks very cute. Very Carrie Bradshaw!