Saturday, May 3, 2008

New things to cheer a sad soul

Retail therapy?

Last night I went out wandering from store to store in search of a dress for my college graduation. I finished in December but have to walk this month.

I'm saddened by the fact that someone I don't like very much is planning on wearing the same dress I plan to wear. Maybe Mom will buy me another. I know I'll look much better in the dress than said girl but still.

This is the dress I chose from my workplace, Banana Republic.
Sadly this photo doesn't show all it's loveliness.

on the model.

Today my father called and broke the news that my childhood pet that I've had for 18 years (since I was 5) passed. I am sad. On top of that I've gained weight and feel like an ugly cow so I went to Target and spent too much on beauty products to make myself feel better. I also got candy which I didn't need. Maybe I'm just ppmsing (post pms?) but I feel like a sad sack of shi*.



Soap & Glory lip plumber and deep conditioner, Burt's Bees deep cleanser and blemish stick, hair dye, mascara, gum, swedish fish, hershey bar, and olay cleansing cloths (I swear by these).

5 comments:

Beth said...

Awww, RIP Baby! I'm sorry! But based on how she was doing, it is probably for the better.

allison said...

We must be kismit - I've been feeling like shit lately too. I had to go to my college yesterday to pick up graduation tickets (we both graduated in December and have ceremonies soon, how weird!) and I felt like the fugliest, fattest, sweatiest piece of poo.

I'm sorry to hear about your pet.

x
allison

Imelda said...

I'm sorry to hear about your pet!

I do the same when I feel like crap. I go out and shop as much as my budget can handle!
I love the dress and I love to see pictures of beautyproduct (it's an addiction I think). I do hope you feel better soon!

Thanks for linking me!
I'm adding you to my favourites aswell! Love your blog!

Shes Dressing Up said...

I love the neckline on your new dress! I had pmt bad last week and splashed out on a lot of new makeup to cheer me up. Im not sure if it worked, but I now have a great new lipstick out of it haha

Carrie Michael said...

tag, you're it. check the blog for details...

www.mybarestyle.com

and p.s., sorry about your pet. that's rough.