Thursday, June 12, 2008

Gladiators



The idiots over at hot_fashion on livejournal said they were hooker shoes that look bad from the side.

I can't wrap my mind around this. They do not look like hooker shoes nor are they any less hot from the side? Furthermore, is anyone REALLY going to be staring at my feet from the side??? Is this really something people consider when buying shoes? Sure, I look in the mirror at all angles, but the front is what matters most to me. I guess I'm just weird? Whatever.

Someone even said gladiators are 3 years ago. Um, hello? Have you been on a shoe website lately? In a store? Or read a magazine? That's all that's out there! People never cease to amaze me. And while I can realize that may true, as my gladiator flat sandals are circa 2006...fashion is cyclic so get over it.

Rant done.

They were only $20 and worth every penny!


I can't afford $600 dior or some such designer gladiator heels so in my mind these are just fine. They make me think of Carrie Bradshow and runways. Suits me! As long as I can walk...



They're 5.5 inches. My tallest shoes ever. Now, I just need to play with my wardrobe and see what fun things I can put with them.



From go jane

8 comments:

Imelda said...

These are amazing!!

nv said...

Wow they're great! So tall! I would never be able to walk in something like those, but they're very nice and at a great price

Wendy said...

They are amazing, not hooker shoes at all. They are like a hybrid of YSL and Balenciaga.

Unknown said...

they are AMAZING. Definite YSL/Balenciaga mix! Maybe FLAT gladiators are going out but the heeled kind are definitely in for the long haul at this point. Especially this summer! i've learned that most fashion girls on live journal are rich suburban girls who think Bebe is a "nice" store and a coach bag is to be drooled over. Don't feel bad! They'll grow out of it! (Hopefully) and for now you look VERY chic! Where did you get them?!

xoxo
Bostonista

Carrie Michael said...

I love the shoes. Where did you get them????

yumnaaa.com/blog said...

ignore them. they're amazing.

nastalgia said...

i love love love them!! at $20 that's just crazy! where'd you get them?

Pole Inc. said...

ah gladiators. like i've been saying - the new "wear with anything shoe".

although they just may be 3 years ago, that is true. I live in Canada, and they are big here now, and were just starting last year. however, when i travelled to Europe last year, there they were totally over! Considering that there is a lag of one year in fashion between Europe and N. America - that makes gladiators almost 3 years ago!

Look to come: nude patent shoes. I can't find any anywhere in Canada now (except bebe - the only fashion timely store here), but they are all over the streets across the ocean.